Supporting Families, Businesses and Community Groups in Beaufort
Independent Insurance Agency Offering Tailored Policies Since 1977
For more than 35 years, Lowcountry Insurance Services has been offering personal, commercial and coastal property insurance coverage to families and businesses in Beaufort and the surrounding communities. Many of our agents bring with them more than 20 to 30 years of experience, all of which we put to work for our new and loyal clients. In addition to living and working in the area, our team dedicates time and financial resources to ensuring our community and local organizations thrive.
Personal and Commercial Insurance Services
Our personal insurance services cover everything you care about:
- Home insurance: Your home is your castle, so be sure to treat it like the treasure it is by purchasing the right type and amount of homeowners insurance. If you already have a policy, we can help you understand what is and is not covered so you can make an informed decision about the insurance you should carry moving forward.
- Auto insurance: Whether you are a new teen driver or an elderly driver, we have access to a range of policies and rates. Talk to us about the protection you want, the auto insurance discounts you qualify for, and more.
- Motorcycle, boat and ATV: If you own a recreational vehicle, understand that your base auto policy does not cover that vehicle. So whether you have an RV, scooter, motorcycle or boat, talk to us about add-on policies to cover your “toy” and any additional items such as protective gear, engines and more.
- Umbrella insurance: Your home and auto liability limits only go so far in the event of a valid personal injury claim. With an umbrella insurance policy, also known as an excess liability policy, you may be able to get an additional $1 million or more in coverage for less than a dollar a day.
Our commercial insurance services provide the broad coverage you need to protect your bottom line and leave you with enough room to take risks and grow:
- General liability: This will protect your business in the event of a personal injury claim.
- Commercial property insurance: This will provide reimbursement for damage done to your business property, including offices, signage and supplies.
- Commercial auto insurance: This provides a variety of coverage options, including non-owned and employee-owned autos.
- Workers compensation: This covers medical costs related to worker injuries and on-the-job illnesses while also protect you from liability claims.
- Professional liability: This covers claims stemming from the advice and care you provide to your customers.
The above-named policies are only an example of the variety of coverage options we can provide to your business. Let us help you create a unique insurance portfolio for your business and family.
Offering You the Insurance Coverage Your Coastal Property Requires
Perhaps some of the most competitive offerings we have at Lowcountry are our coastal property coverage options:
- Wind exposures: We live in an area that can sometimes see more than its fair share of damage caused by high winds. As an independent insurance agency, we have access to the unique excess wind policies you need to best cover your home or your business.
- Flood insurance: The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) manages all flood insurance across the country. We can help you get the right coverage that fits your property. Remember that a new flood insurance policy takes 30 days from the date of purchase to go into effect.
A Special Note About Flood Insurance
In 2012, Congress passed the Biggert-Waters Act. This act extended the availability of the NFIP flood program for five more years. It also took away many federal subsidies that previously covered older low-lying properties. This means some properties may face greater costs now than in prior years.
At Lowcountry Insurance Services, we know how to build creative solutions to continue to meet your flood insurance needs, including raising deductibles, adding flood vents and taking other steps to mitigate the federal increase. Turn to us for advice and guidance on how you best solve your flood concerns.
Building a Stronger Community Through Support and Experience
We believe that we are only as strong as the community in which we live. Our team gives back in numerous ways, including participation in the Rotary Club and Chamber of Commerce. We also support may other civic clubs and local charities along with our local churches and schools.
Contact Lowcountry Insurance Services in Beaufort for a Free Insurance Quote
Do you want to work with an insurance team that truly cares about its clients and its community? If so, reach out to our team at Lowcountry Insurance Services in Beaufort, SC, today. We take great pride in being part of Correll Insurance Group, and strive to provide competent, competitive and caring services each and every day. Learn more by calling us at (843) 522-2020 or by submitting the short contact form found here.