Comprehensive Nonprofit Insurance Programs
North and South Carolina are home to a vast number of social service organizations, ranging from children’s homes and rehabilitative groups to affordable housing and career counseling. Such organizations do great deeds every day. It is only right that those organizations have great coverage to protect them.
Our team at Correll Insurance Group has more than 85 years of experience tailoring insurance policies to meet the individual needs of each of our clients. This experience is especially useful for nonprofit organizations, as we understand how risks can vary widely by the type of service provided. When you want assurance that your nonprofit insurance portfolio matches the unique needs of your organization, turn to Correll Insurance.
General Insurance Coverage for Most Nonprofit Organizations
Most nonprofit organizations have strict budgets that require careful decision making with regard to the type and amount of insurance coverage to carry. The policies listed here offer a good idea of the types of nonprofit insurance your social service organization should consider carrying to best protect you, your employees, your volunteers and the people you serve:
- General liability: Commercial general liability coverage insures you against basic claims stemming from personal injury accidents such as slips-and-falls.
- Social service professional liability insurance: This covers claims for errors and omissions as well as general negligence on behalf of your employees.
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI): From claims of discrimination and breach of contract to sexual harassment and wrongful termination, EPLI protects you in the event someone files a lawsuit against your organization.
- Directors and officers insurance (D&O): With D&O insurance, you show your board that you value each member’s time and efforts by safeguarding each of them against claims for mismanagement, discrimination and other matters.
- Commercial property insurance: This policy covers your office building and any property you keep in it.
- Volunteer accident liability insurance: Accident liability insurance includes coverage for medical expenses, accidental dismemberment and accidental death. Having such a policy protects your company from extensive medical bills while also shielding your volunteers from such costs.
- Sexual abuse coverage: This provides protection in the event of a claim for sexual abuse or sexual molestation. It includes coverage for claims of emotional and psychological harm.
- Commercial auto insurance: From general business cars to buses, we can help you insure all vehicles you use for your nonprofit, including non-owned and hired automobiles.
- Event insurance: Whether you are running a fundraiser or a thank you event for volunteers, we have the event insurance you will require to protect your organization and your guests.
- Commercial umbrella insurance (excess liability coverage): With an umbrella insurance policy, you are covered even if an injury claim exceeds your base policy limits. You also gain coverage for costs related to defending against injury claims.
Insuring Children’s Homes
Creating a comprehensive insurance program for a group homes for children requires as much special attention and care as running the home does. At Correll Insurance, our agents work hard to identify which policies will best benefit your children’s home program, including considering specialty coverage for:
- Children’s clothing and personal belongings
- Food and refrigerated items
- Child abduction liability
- Key employee replacement
We have worked directly with children’s homes in the past, and can put that knowledge and experience to work for your organization.
Rehabilitation Services Insurance Program
We offer specialty insurance services to rehabilitative programs located throughout North and South Carolina. Programs we insure include:
- Job rehabilitation services
- Physical rehabilitation services
- Vision and speech therapy rehabilitation services
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation services
Regardless of the type of rehab program you offer, turn to our dedicated team to make sure you are covered no matter what happens.
Get a Free Insurance Quote for Your Social Service Organization
Learn more about the types of social service insurance programs we provide to nonprofits throughout the state. Call us today or stop by one of our offices to talk to an experienced independent agent at Correll Insurance Group and to request your free quote.