Correll Insurance Group has an immediate position for a full-time VP of Risk Placement and Carrier Relations.
The VP of Risk Placement and Carrier Relations will oversee, coordinate, and participate in the development of risk placement strategies and carrier relations for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deep knowledge of Commercial Producing/Marketing/Servicing processes in an independent insurance agency environment.
- Work with the CEO, CFO, and COO to establish carrier goals and additional compensation opportunities, both for Personal and Commercial Lines.
- Assist regional and enterprise agency staff with achieving insurance carrier production goals as well as internal incentive and profit-sharing goals. Manage and report monthly - carrier retention, production, and loss ratio activity to all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and lead a team of 4 – 8 across the enterprise’s geographic footprint. Supervise all aspects of the Marketing Team including career development, education, time off, etc. Recruit additional Marketing candidates as needed, and the following:
- Assist members of the Marketing Team, when needed, with underwriting negotiations/explanations, and with decisions on placement of accounts in relation to client needs and agency goals.
- Assign and balance workloads among the Marketing Team.
- Train agency personnel who demonstrate an aptitude and interest in Marketing careers in the agency.
- Communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of personalities, from producers to company underwriters. Responsible for the communication of agency and branch goals directly with agency Presidents and Managers.
- Directly oversee large account submissions. Large account determination may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis as needed by relevant internal offices.
- Manage the process of utilizing commercial insurance service centers including the following:
- Quality Control to oversee activity volume and utilization of services.
- Request Quarterly reports from service centers.
- Communicate and work with Commercial Lines Managers.
- Travel to agency offices throughout the company footprint on a regular basis to meet directly with Marketing and other agency staff. Coordinate and oversee CL insurance company visits to many of the company offices. Attend CL regional insurance company sales meetings.
- Meeting regularly with insurance company staff of all levels including underwriters, marketing reps, company leaders, loss control, and claim reps.
- Use and update the company’s Intranet to keep all agency personnel informed on commercial insurance company contacts, appetites, and coverage changes.
Relevant Qualifications and Experience:
- Senior-level knowledge and experience in Underwriting, Marketing, and Carrier Relations
- Multi-Line Underwriting Experience
- Independent insurance agency marketing/risk placement experience
- Insurance carrier relations/communications experience
NOTE: The information contained in this job description has been prepared to indicate the general nature of work performed by an employee within this classification. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Work Location: Ideal candidate's location would be anywhere from upstate SC (Spartanburg/Greenville area), Middle TN (Nashville area), East TN (Knoxville area), and NC (Charlotte area). Visit our website for the list of office locations.
Work Type: Full-time, M-F
- Competitive Salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA option
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with company match program
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Paid holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount program
- Continuing education and training opportunities
About Correll Insurance Group:
Correll Insurance Group is a full-service independent insurance agency serving customers throughout the southeast and nationwide. Our agency provides a one-stop service for all insurance needs while bringing a unique mix of local knowledge and service combined with the depth and resources of a nationally licensed insurance agency. Correll Insurance Group offers a wide array of personal insurance and commercial insurance. Additional specialties include life insurance, group benefits, surety bond solutions, and much more. We have access to a network of best-in-class agency leaders, risk management professionals, and insurance solutions while still delivering the personalized service of a small agency.
Apply today by using the form below!